pt.upscalerolex.to pl.upscalerolex.to https://gr.buywatches.is/ replika rk namaak horloges https://pl.buywatches.is replicas de relogios ceasuri rolex fake ru.buywatches.is se.buywatches.is

Membership Home Forums Online Course Forums Introduce Yourself!

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Kate
    Keymaster

Tell us who you are, where you are from, and why you are taking this course!

My name is Kate Somers and I am the designer of this course and here to assist with the technical aspects of running the online course. I am an avid sailor from Rhode Island and cruise and race all over the Northeast with my husband who is also a captain.

John Freer
    Participant

Hello,

My name is John Freer and I live in Lyme CT which would be the “far” West Bay. I got my original 25 ton MMC after taking the Master 100 ton class with Captain Kent 11 years ago while I worked at IYRS. I’m taking it again as a refresher and to renew my license. Lifelong boater and have been running yacht club launches, water taxis and narrated tour boats during the past 11 seasons. I’m looking forward to making new acquaintances in this special community.

Regards,
    John

Kate
    Keymaster

Welcome John! I am glad you are here to learn with us.

Greta Gannon
    Participant

Hello There,
    Im Greta Gannon. I grew up on Martha’s Vineyard, an island off Cape Cod MA. My family owns a wooden boatyard on the island and I have been raised on and around boats my whole life. I have done several off shore deliveries and thought it would be helpful to finally get my license. I am excited to learn the material in this course.

Wayne Iurillo
    Participant

Hi Im Wayne Iurillo and live in Touisset RI. I have been a sailer for 35 years but just retired and bought a trawler to do the inercoastal with my wife this winter. Looking to upgrade my knowledge !

Kathryn Rush
    Participant

Hi All,

My husband and I have been a Captain & Chef duo on sailing charters and boat deliveries for several years and moved back onto land just as COVID 19 hit. Since then we have been working for a sailing school in RI. I figure it now is the right time to take the next step to becoming a captain.

David Wilson
    Participant

Hi, I need to get my Master qualification to complete my Captains quals. I look forward to this course.

Megan
    Participant

Hello all.

I work at a marina on the Chesapeake Bay and am taking the course to expand my knowledge.

Christine Elson
    Participant

Hey everyone! My names Chrissy and I’m currently attending URI for a doctorate in pharmacy. My family owns a marina in Barrington so i’m taking this course so I can help out with in-water deliveries and expand my knowledge.

James Millovitsch
    Participant

Good evening. My name is Jim and I’m from voluntown CT. I’m taking this course to better myself

BRIAN KELLY
    Participant

Hello there. My name is Brian Kelly, I’m a US Army veteran and former Paratrooper in the 82nd Airborne Division with 3 tours to Iraq and Afghanistan. I’m very familiar and trained in air/ground navigation, terrain association etc. I have also been boating and fishing recreationally my entire life along with my family here in New England, mostly in the Cape Cod and Martha’s Vineyard areas. 6 years ago after I got my 2nd cabin cruiser, I got a slip at Brewers Cowesett and now have upgraded to a Formula 41 and I want to offer charters to the public and free charity charters for Disabled Veterans and other similar groups.

Virginia McMahon
    Participant

Hi there! My name is Virginia. I’m from Miami and Rhode Island and grew up sailing and boating. I now live in Nashville, TN where I am pursuing music and working for a river recreation company! Getting my Captain’s license to expand my knowledge…and to help drive bachelorette parties around the Cumberland River on our 25ft Pontoon Cycleboat 😂

David Camara
    Participant

Hey Everyone, I grew up in RI, and moved to CO 20 years ago, and recently moved back to RI… Purchased a sailboat, and have my ASA 100, 102, and 103 Certs. I would like to get my 6 pk license to expand my knowledge, and possibly do charters, and / or delivery jobs.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.