The successful Captain is responsible for the safe operation, maintenance, and overall command of the vessel in addition to the safety of all aboard. The Captain is the supervisor of the vessel. He or She directs the efforts of the crew and must meet and maintain the minimum qualification requirements of the company and all regulatory agencies. The captain must adhere to all USCG regulations and stay current with all required drills & inspections onboard the vessel.
To apply for this position, click the Ultipro link in red at the end of this page.
The right person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences’ RESPECT Service System.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the safe and efficient operation & navigation of the vessel in all weather conditions, as well as the safety of all persons on board
• Ongoing crew management, training & drilling adhering to all applicable United States Coast Guard, Federal and State laws, in addition to company policies and procedures
• Exceptional communication skills are essential
• Strong focus on safety and the ability to lead in the event of any onboard emergency
• Attention to customer service and guest satisfaction while providing exceptional hospitality to guests and coworkers as prescribed in our RESPECT Service System
• Conduct thorough pre-cruise inspections while focusing on the appearance and cleanliness of the vessel
• Adherence to all USCG regulations, Rules of The Road and Safety & Security drill compliance
• Vessel maintenance including, paining & general aesthetics, plumbing, electrical, water (potable, raw,
black, and gray) systems, fire suppression, bilge, comms, and navigation systems
• Administrative and documentation duties as required
• Training crew
• Vessel walk throughs and familiarizations with new hires
• Other duties as assigned by management
*THIS IS NOT A LIVE ABOARD POSITION*
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Valid 100ton Masters License with a satisfactory record
• Valid TWIC Card, First Aid/CPR cards
• FCC Marine Radio Operators Permit
• Five (5) years maritime experience; with two (2) years as Master preferred
• Strong focus on safety and teamwork with the ability to establish & maintain effective professional relationships
• Detailed working knowledge of all ships systems and their proper maintenance
• Ability to analyze and solve problems while prioritizing tasks in order of importance
• Ability to maintain calm and take control in various situations
• Effective communication skills to direct crew, keep passengers safe and relay pertinent information
• Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds; moving furniture and other heavy items such as provisions up and down stairs
• Receptive to working nights/weekends and major holidays
• Per US Coast Guard regulations, must be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident
RESPECT SERVICE SYSTEM
Our Mission: We create amazing experiences.
Our Values: Respect, Environment, Safety #1, Professionalism, Exceed, Communication and Teamwork.
Our Operating Principles: CITY EXPERIENCES 12
1. Foster diversity and inclusion.
2. Practice conservation and environmental responsibility.
3. Cultivate a safe and secure workplace.
4. Be on time. Come prepared.
5. Make data-driven, fact-based decisions.
6. Be decisive with 80:100 solutions (80% right, 100% implementable)
7. Expect to win – but compete as an underdog.
8. Embrace innovation and reinvention.
9. Listen and be responsive.
10. Strive for efficiency and transparency without politics.
11. Win as a team. Play your role.
12. Work hard, have fun, celebrate success.