The Launch Operator’s main function is to transport our members and guests to and from their boats. We are currently hiring for the 2022 season which runs until late October.
The ideal candidate for this position should be experienced with boat handling and willing to participate in training, as per the USCG regulations.
• Respond to requests for launch service in a timely fashion
• Assist members with boats at docks
• Clean and care for launches; refuel as necessary
• Colors (flags) morning and sunset
• Launch – checklist – morning start up, shift change
• Fill out weatherboard – tides, winds, weather, launch schedule, special notices
• Complete all daily log entries (usual check lists, etc.)
• Clean gangways and docks (hosing off debris from gulls)
• Keep the launch area and desk clean (trash can, dishes, etc.)
• Carry and monitor handheld VHF radio when away from launch or club house
• Use appropriate speed when traveling in the mooring field and channel
• Exercise control of the launch when approaching docks or boats, no speeding!
• Learn and understand emergency plans for medical, man overboard, weather, life jacket requirements on docks, piers and launch.
• Be professional and show courtesy toward our members at all times
• USCG Limited Launch License or higher (OUPV a plus). (OGYC is prepared to help with this.)
• Age 18 or older.
• First Aid / CPR certified or participate in training.
• Competitive pay - depending on experience.
• Position includes working some evenings, weekends and holidays.
Contact Captain Craig Burry, Waterfront Director, Cell 203-216-1301 or Email