We understand that many in the industry are having issues finding employees for the upcoming season and the PCA wants to try to be part of the solution, even if you are not a member.
Looking for a part-time gig where you can share your passion for boating with others without having the responsibility of vessel maintenance and ownership?
Freedom Boat Club is the nation's oldest and largest private member boat club, we are currently looking to add a highly customer-focused Captain to our training staff.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to handle training and onboarding our club members (and potential non-members) through classroom and on the water training. Trainings may include topics such as Basic Boat Operation, Intermediate Powerboating, Lock and Anchor Training, and other topics.
Good communication skills and friendly customer service required. The position will require weekend hours as needed and is part-time with flexible hours.
- Candidates must maintain their Merchant Mariner Credentials
- Previous instructor experience is highly desirable
- Must pass a background check and drug screening
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Boating experience in and around boats is required
- Ability to move from docks to boats and vice versa sometimes on unstable & wet surfaces
- Maneuver large drops down to vessels & back up to dock
- Stand for long periods of time
- Read/manipulate hand-held computer tablets
- Work outside in the elements
- Have the ability to maintain a calm, positive attitude during periods of high activity
- Possess highly effective communications skills and maintain friendly customer service
- Must be a self-starter and capable of working unsupervised
- High attention to detail
- Handle minor member mishaps or incidents while maintaining a patient and kind disposition
- Adhere to all safety policies
- Professional communication skills with co-workers, corporate, and members
- Maintain a cooperative, team attitude in working with supervisors and fellow employees
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
PLEASE NOTE: Brunswick will never ask you to pay any money to participate in the interview process and will not require that you provide sensitive information such as credit card or bank account information.
We have recently become aware of certain efforts by cyber criminals who are publishing and promoting fake job listings on third party websites, such as Craigslist and Indeed, by pretending to be actual Brunswick employees. To help ensure you don’t fall victim to any of those scams, never disclose sensitive information as mentioned above. All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying to a posted position through https://www.brunswick.com/careers. Only after accepting an offer through this portal will you be asked for SSN and DOB. If you are ever unsure or want to ask any questions, please contact the Brunswick HR Shared Service Center at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.
PLEASE APPLY VIA THE WEBSITE BELOW